This recipe links to the post ‘A Symphony of Soup’
AKA Super duper blood cleansing, antioxidant awesomeness
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium leek
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 4 medium beetroot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
To serve: Fresh dill (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the leek and celery, saute until soft then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the stock into the pan then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer gently with a lid on until everything is soft; around 25 mins.
- Sometimes I fish out a few pieces of beetroot and chop them into a fine dice, blitz the rest until beautifully smooth before re-adding the bits and garnishing with fresh dill.