This recipe links to the post ‘My Heart Beats for Banana Bread’
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 organic free range eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 9” × 5″ loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Make the oat flour: Place oats into a blender and process for 1-2 minutes until they resemble a flour. Pulse a couple of times to check all the oats are evenly ground.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl mash the bananas with the coconut palm sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and oil (make sure the oil is warm but not hot to avoid scrambling eggs) for 1-2 minutes until the consistency is smooth and creamy. I like to leave some small chunks of banana for texture. Slowly add in oat flour mixture and mix until just combined then fold through the walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from tin and place on wire rack until cold. Cut into slices and enjoy!