This recipe links to the post ‘So What’s the Big Deal about Breakfast?’
- 1 banana or 1/2 cup apple/sweet potato/carrot puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- coconut oil for frying
- Topping ideas: fresh fruit, yoghurt, nut butter
- Blend the banana or chosen puree, egg and flour to a batter using a hand blender.
- Melt a smear of coconut oil in a non-stick pan on a gentle heat, spoon rounds of the batter into the pan (this amount should make 5-6 small pancakes). Wait until you see bubbles start to form in the surface of the pancakes then flip with a spatula and leave to cook for another minute or so.
- Place the cooked pancakes onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- My personal choice of toppings would be fresh berries & almond slivers or cashew butter & thinly sliced apple for the banana/apple based pancakes. For the sweet potato/carrot* ones I think roasted vine tomatoes, spinach & avocado go brilliantly but I encourage you to experiment with your favourite combinations.
*These also make a delicious and very quick lunch or dinner!