This recipe links to the post ‘The Cauliflower Chronicles’
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 large organic eggs
- 500g spinach
- 500g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- coconut oil or butter
- Grate your garlic and leave to one side.
- Cut two 1cm thick slices straight down through the centre of your cauliflower, reserve the rest of the florets for use in one of the other recipes above. Slice your mushrooms and give your spinach a wash.
- Take two pans and warm them on a medium heat. Into one heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, season your cauliflower steaks with salt and pepper on both sides then into the pan they go to gently fry away for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes until beautifully golden and caramelised.
- Meanwhile in the other pan pop either 1/2 tsp coconut oil or 1 tsp butter. Once melted add your mushrooms, let them gently fry for 5 minutes then add the garlic with a few good grinds of black pepper, cook for another 2 minutes then add the spinach and mix so it wilts in the residual heat of the pan. Turn the pan off and leave to one side.
- Whilst this is all going on decide how you fancy your eggs, poached are great or you could dally in a ‘dry fried’ one. Simply take a non stick pan and use a piece of kitchen paper to wipe a smear of coconut oil around it, heat on a medium flame, crack in your eggs and cover with a lid to steam fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now for the assembly; take two plates and place a cauliflower steak in the centre of each, top with a pile of your lovely garlicky spinach and mushrooms, then crown with a beautiful, runny yolked egg.
- Devour with great gusto 🙂