This recipe links to the post ‘So What’s the Big Deal about Breakfast?’
- 1 cup organic spinach or de-stemmed kale
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tablespoon raw coconut oil or 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana or 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 scoop good quality protein powder* or 3 tablespoons hemp hearts and 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup nut milk or coconut water
- Blend everything together until smooth and enjoy.
*If you are able to tolerate dairy The Organic Protein Company make a certified organic whey from grass fed cow’s milk. Pulsin also offer a good, clean whey. For those avoiding dairy I would suggest either Sunwarrior raw vegan blend, Pulsin Hemp or Pea protein powders. The Sunwarrior blend also comes in 3 flavours, natural, vanilla & chocolate.