This recipe links to the post ‘So What’s the Big Deal about Breakfast?’
- 1/2 cup rolled or jumbo oats (use gluten free if necessary and avoid porridge oats as they break down to mush)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I use cashew)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 prunes chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons raw walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup apple compote
- Place your oats in a pan and pout over 1/2 cup boiling water, cover and leave to absorb for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and warm gently on a medium heat, stirring intermittently to encourage the oats to release their wonderful creaminess.
- When you’re happy with the consistency (this is a personal choice, I am in the extra creamy camp but I know others prefer a less wet texture) swirl through your apple and allow to warm through for a minute or two before decanting into a bowl and topping with the walnuts, prune pieces and flaxseed.