- 150g creamed coconut
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- your choice of fruit: a combination of bananas, strawberries, mango, pineapple, pear, kiwis or whatever you fancy
- optional: 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- desiccated coconut to decorate
For an adult twist try mango and pineapple pieces tossed in 2 tbsp of Malibu 🙂
- Put the creamed coconut in a jug and pour over 300ml of boiling water, stir to dissolve.
- Add the chia seeds, vanilla bean paste and honey/maple syrup (if using) Personally I don’t think it needs it and if having for breakfast I would definitely omit it, as a dessert however some people like a touch more sweetness. Stir well then refrigerate for 15 minutes before mixing again. Cover the bowl or jar with a lid or cling film and return to the fridge for another 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare your fruit, peel and chop into a fine dice, marinate in Malibu if you fancy or how about blending a mango to a puree and mixing in pieces of pineapple or berries, experiment with your favourite fruits.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge. Spoon a small amount into the bottom of 4 serving glasses followed by a layer of your chosen fruity concoction. Continue with the rest of the mix and top with some final fruit pieces and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.