Makes 1 jar
- 1 1/2 cups organic blanched almonds
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and pop a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray (preferably one with a lip round the edge to prevent escape)
- Arrange your almonds in a single layer on the tray then into the oven they go. Roast for 8-10 minutes, the nuts will become shiny as the oils are released and a beautiful aroma will fill the kitchen. Other nuts go golden but with almonds this is taking them too far and they will taste burnt, I would describe the perfect toasted tone as a pinkish hue.
- Leave to cool slightly (a couple of minutes will do) then pour into a food processor. Pulse a couple of times then remove 2 tbsp of the nutty rubble (I use a fork to get the pieces without the dust)Then back on with the processor and leave to blend until perfectly smooth and shiny, depending on the strength of your blender this should only take about 5 minutes.
- Chop the crunchy bits slightly finer if you wish then re-add to the finished nut butter, spoon into a jar and you’re done! Store out of direct sunlight for up to a month.