This recipe links to the post ‘The Darkside of Dairy‘
Makes 1 jar
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in filtered water with 1 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and a few good grinds of black pepper to taste
- Place your cashews in a large glass bowl or jug and cover with at least double their volume of filtered water. Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and leave to soak overnight. Drain and rinse well in the morning.
- Add the nuts with the rest of the ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender and blend until thick and creamy. It will be the consistency of soft cream cheese but hardens slightly after it’s been chilled. Taste for seasoning.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for 5-7 days.