This recipe links to the post ‘The Clash of The Titans: Caffeine vs Cortisol‘
Turmeric and ginger are the diamond duo when it comes to natural anti-inflammatories with the active component in black pepper (Piperine) increasing the action of Curcumin (the active in turmeric) by 2000%. Several clinical studies have shown this action to be as potent as that of the pharmaceutical drug Hydrocortisone but without all the delightful side effects! This beautifully creamy, warming drink is the perfect way to wind down for the evening and encourage truly restful, rejuvenating sleep.
- 2 cups coconut or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp peeled & grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp peeled & grated fresh turmeric
- 3-4 black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- optional: 1 tsp raw honey
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low for 10 mins.
- Strain and divide between 2 cups, sweeten with a small amount of raw honey if desired.
This is also delicious served cold – make a larger batch, divide into glass bottles and drink for a wonderfully nourishing mid-afternoon snack.