This recipe links to the post ‘The Clash of The Titans: Caffeine vs Cortisol‘ and is a super speedy, delicious way to start your day. You’ve got your greens in there, the undertone of nuttiness from the oats, the creaminess of the banana, protein from the hemp and a kick from the matcha, Good Morning indeed!
- 1 large, double handful spinach
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 small apple or pear (cored but not peeled)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 medium courgette
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 cup nut milk of choice (I like almond but hemp, coconut, macadamia all work fabulously too)
Add everything to your blender and purée until creamy, dreamy and smooth. If it’s a tad too thick add some more nut milk or iced water to reach your preferred consistency. Drink immediately and zoom!