This recipe links to the post ‘Cleaning Up The Classics Part V: Condiments‘
This is one of those things you will make once and wonder why you haven’t been making it for years! It is amazing tossed with a salad of sweet potato or carrot noodles, edamame, spring onions, avocado, shredded red cabbage, plenty of fresh coriander and either poached chicken or organic tofu.
Makes 2-3 portions depending on whether it is a main meal or side dish.
- 6 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tbsp organic sweet white miso paste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
Whisk together all your ingredients except the water until smooth and creamy, add the water if it’s too thick. To save time you can do this with a hand blender or miniature food processor but a pestle and mortar or balloon whisk works just as well.