This recipe links to the post ‘Cleaning Up The Classics Part V: Condiments‘
I always have a couple of jars of this hiding in my fridge somewhere, one with garlic and one without. The garlic will intensify the longer it is left and make the most wonderfully infused sauce, it is somewhat potent however so make sure to enjoy it with the people you plan to spend time with, you can all bolster your immune systems together!
Makes 1 jar
*If you are avoiding gluten be careful when buying mustards to check they are gluten free as some use gluten as an emulsifying agent*
- 1 heaped tsp french mustard
- 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard (or 1/2 tsp english mustard)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Optional: 1 large or 2 small grated cloves of garlic
Add everything to a glass jar/bottle with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined. Taste and if too tart add another 1/2 tsp french mustard. Use within a week.