This recipe links to the post ‘Cleaning Up The Classics Part V: Condiments‘
If you haven’t tried this before or used tahini in general welcome to the club. Ideal for replicating those creamy dressings of old, this wonderful paste made from crushed sesame seeds will revolutionise your roasted veggie and grain filled world! A fabulous source of plant based protein and healthful fats, tahini is a wonderful addition to anyones diet. If you add the lemon juice and think its all gone wrong don’t worry, as you whisk in the water it will become beautifully smooth again.
Makes 6 portions
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 good grinds fresh black pepper
- Optional: 30g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Crush or grate your garlic and leave to one side whilst you whisk the rest of the ingredients together. You’re aiming for a smooth creamy paste, then add the garlic and parsley if using.
- Ideally you would leave the flavours to infuse for at least 30 minutes but it can be used straight away.
- Keep any leftovers in a sealed jar and use within 2 days.