Eggs are a great source of high quality protein, healthful fats, Vitamins B6, B12, D and Minerals including Zinc, Iron and Selenium. Basically they’re little ready wrapped packages of greatness! Paired here with a selection of delicious veggies to make a super portable, satisfying breakfast, lunch or snack. Swap in your favourite veg, add some crumbled feta or get creative with different herbs and spices to make them your own.
Makes 10-12 depending on the size of your moulds
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or your milk of choice
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2-1 tsp chilli flakes
- Optional: finely chopped fresh dill & parsley
- Optional: black onion seeds
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC. Personally I find using silicon cupcake moulds the easiest option (like these ones) but alternatively you can use a regular muffin, make sure to grease well with coconut oil or line with baking parchment.
- Finely dice the onion and red pepper, add to a frying pan with 1/4 tsp coconut oil and sweat on a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Cut the broccoli florets into small, individual pieces and add to the pan, continue to saute for a further 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add the chilli flakes (if using) black pepper and spinach, mix and cook until the spinach is wilted, add the fresh herbs, then portion between the moulds.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl, add your milk of choice and pour over the vegetable mix using a teaspoon to move them around and make sure the egg works its way down to the base. Sprinkle with black onion seeds if you wish.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden, turn out of the moulds and serve or leave to cool on a wire rack for a super tasty, satisfying lunch or snack.