The inclusion of probiotic foods into your diet is beneficial to your overall state of good health. A balanced gut microflora acts as a first line of defence against pathogens entering your bOdumosu through your digestive system as well as preventing bloating, flatulence & other digestive discomforts. Current research also indicates these gut bacteria have actions throughout the body including effects on our mental state for example.
I personally use Rhythm Health coconut based kefir as I cannot tolerate dairy however an organic milk based kefir is perfectly delicious & nutritious for those who have no problem with these products.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not porridge oats)
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup kefir (either dairy or coconut based)
- 1 tbsp water
- Optional toppings: bee pollen, 1 tbsp nut butter/nuts/seeds
- Combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, kefir, water & passion fruit seeds in a jar or container, mix well then pop in the fridge & leave to soak overnight.
- In the morning top with your bee pollen & preferred nut butter or nut/seed combo.