Starting the day with some good quality protein balances our blood sugar and keeps our energy sustained not just through the morning but for the rest of the day too.
Eggs are a brilliant and simple way to start the day, and the addition of extra greens adds a welcome micronutrient boost as well as fibre to enhance that satisfied filling even more.
You can easily vary the greens and herbs you use, add extras like tomato or mushrooms, and generally tweak this to your tastes! You can also go a little less abstract with your plating if you fancy, I was just a tad strapped for time and decided to claim this as artful presentation 🙂
- 3-4 stems cavalo nero (you could use kale)
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 organic eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: avocado, mozzarella, goats cheese or any other kind you fancy.
- Slice the cavalo nero and add to a small pan with 1 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and heat on a medium flame to steam for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the parsley and add it to the pan, stir to let it wilt a little then add your eggs, moving the greens around to coat in the egg.
- Add your chosen cheese or avocado if using, cover with the lid for a minute to let it melt/warm then serve and DIVE IN