Toast is a marvellous thing, it provides the perfect vehicle for delicious toppings, and my slightly off beat version here is no exception.
I love to use vegetables in replacement for a bread base, no only dose it provide an extra boost of nutrients to a simple dish, but also encourages a pushing of culinary creativity which is something I just love to do.
This delicate beauty makes the best quick lunch, breakfast, brunch or canapé – simply adjust the size of your potato pieces to fit the social setting.
- 1 waxy potato
- 1c frozen peas
- 1 large handful fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp houmous
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 radishes
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a flat tray with parchment.
- Wash & slice the potato along its length, run with coconut oil, season & arrange on the tray. Bake for 15 mins, flip and bake for another 10 or until golden.
- Place the peas in a bowl, cover with boiling water & leave to thaw for 2 mins. Drain.
- Finely slice the parsley then tip over the peas roughly chopping them together.
- Mix the houmous with the extra lemon to thin to a sauce.
- Arrange your toasts on plates, top with your pea mix, drizzle over the houmous & top with slices of radish.