If I was to class myself as anything (not that I really buy into labels that much) I think I’d have to go for ‘consciously creative’ when it comes to my cooking style.
When developing a new recipe I look to ingredients that will nourish the body, carefully considering how I piece them together for their health benefits but NEVER at the expense of the final taste because what’s the point!
And these brownies are a perfect example of how, if we step (or leap!) outside the box we can absolutely delight in all things decadent & delicious but with no concern that we are dabbling in things that perhaps aren’t so brilliant from a nutritional perspective.
So without further ado I challenge you to look at this divinely fudge morsel & guess what the primary ingredient is….if you get it I will personally make you a batch & deliver it to your door!
Makes 12-15 squares
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup light tahini (or nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 scoop Motion Nutrition vegan peanut protein powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons nut milk of choice
- ½ cup dark chocolate pieces
- ¼ cup walnuts or hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 175C, line a brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Add all the ingredients bar the chocolate & nuts to a food processor, blending until smooth.
- Give the nuts & chocolate a bash on the counter or with a rolling pin to roughly break up then add & pulse 1-2 times to incorporate.
- Transfer to your tin, spread to ~2-3cm thickness & bake for 22-25 mins until firmish to the touch.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then lift out & pop on a wire rack for another 20-30 minutes or so.
- Use within 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.