A big bowl of pasta to come home to in the evening? Don’t mind if I do!
I love to turn to legume based pastas like this product by Explore Asian as they are not only naturally gluten free but also bursting with fibre, additional plant based protein, & I also think they taste better too!
I am often confronted with a tug of war scenario with clients, yes they realise they need to change their dietary habits to remedy certain issues we will have highlighted but what about all the foods they enjoy? Will they be on salad, green vegetables & plain grilled chicken for the rest of time?
I think not….
- 120g edamame & mung bean fettuccine (or similar)
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 150g spring greens or a similar leaf like Swiss chard
- 2 cod loin fillets
- 2 teaspoons pesto (either homemade or I have used this Biona one)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with a piece of baking parchment. Lay your cod pieces on top (having trimmed any bits off if you need to) then add a teaspoon of pesto to the top of each, spread to an even thickness & leave to 1 side.
- Pop your pasta on to cook as per packet instructions.
- Take a large saute pan with a lid, add the coconut oil & broccoli with 1/4 cup water, pop the lid on & heat on high for 2 minutes then add the shredded greens, turn the heat off & leave to 1 side with the lid on.
- Pop your cod into the oven, it should take 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the pieces.
- Drain your pasta, add to your pan with the veg & toss together, seasoning with plenty of black pepper & the lemon juice. Pop the heat back on for a minute or 2 to ensure it’s piping hot.
- Take your cod out of the oven, add your pasta to the bowls & either serve the whole fillets on top or flake & tumble everything together.
- Serve with the pumpkin seeds for a lovely crunch & an extra grind of pepper.