Sometimes I surprise myself.
And sometimes I provide my sister with side splitting levels of entertainment.
This was an occasion when I achieved both.
Yes my darling sibling never fails to be amazed by my creativity with vegetables, & in all honesty I’ll take her merciless teasing if it means I get to eat her doughnut too.
Makes 16 mini doughnuts
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 50g celery
- 100g gluten free oats
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scoops Planet Paleo Marine collagen (optional)
- Drizzle hemp or olive oil
Click here for the pesto coating recipe
- Preheat your oven to 190C, line a flat tray with parchment.
- Nip any tough ends from the broccoli & roughly chop the celery, toss with the oil & roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn your doughnut machine on to preheat, I have this one.
- Add the oats to a food processor pulsing to a fine flour, then add your cooked veg, blending to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, blending until you have a smooth batter then use a spoon to fill your doughnut moulds & cook for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Turn out into a wire rack to cool, use within a week adding your pesto up to 1-2 hours before serving.