The concept that someone would have the creative capacity to come up with an entirely new breakfast every single morning baffles me a tad.
I mean it could just be jealously, I wish I had this ability.
No I am a creature of habit when it comes to my morning meals. This is not the say I eat the same breakfast every day & have done forever, no not at all, I just mean I’ll have a variation on a theme for a week or 2, then swap to something else.
And my current favourite is chia pudding.
There are numerous benefits when it comes to chia – it is rich in plant based omega 3 fats, it is a source of protein, it boasts a wonderful amount of digestion supporting fibre (both soluble & insoluble), & it is easily tailorable to any flavour combinations you fancy. I often make a savoury version with miso, find that recipe here.
In this instance however I have decided to combine a few of my newest foodie discoveries into 1 glorious bowl, & on a sunny morning there is truly nothing more delightful in my book than this delicate, delicious & sustaining start to the day.
- 2 tablespoons Buy Whole Foods Online chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Planet Paleo matcha collagen (or use 1/4 teaspoon match powder)
- 1.5 cups nut or seed milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon Buy Whole Foods Online macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon Buy Whole Foods Online rose petals
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Add 1.5 tablespoons of the chia to a bowl with 1 cup milk + 1/2 cup water. Add the remaining chia, matcha collagen & remaining milk + 1/4 cup water to another bowl, mix both & leave to sit for 5 mins.
- Stir again a couple of times over the next 10 mins to prevent clumps forming then add to a bowl, swirl seductively & top with all your textural bits & pieces.