I used to ADORE Turkish delight, in all its chewy, sweet, pistachio studded sticky mastery. Yummo!
But those days are looooong gone because well the levels of sugar in the original bits I used to enjoy would now have me bouncing off the walls for 3 days. And no one needs that to be a thing.
Instead however I have encapsulated all the flavourful elements I used to love in these little healthy snack pots & let me tell you they don’t half do badly in obliterating all remaining sickly sweet musings from memory.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons rosewater (or use fresh orange juice but the rosewater is key to the Turkish delight flavour)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon rose petals (optional)
- Coconut or your chosen yoghurt to swirl with for serving
- Add your berries & rosewater to a pan, heat gently to thaw & use a wooden spoon to break up.
- Sprinkle in the chia seeds, mix vigorously for 30 seconds then leave to sit for 5 minutes. Mix thoroughly again & leave to sit for another 10 minutes before folding through the pistachios & rose petals.
- Leave to go completely cold then either refrigerate as 1 or portion up with your yoghurt for portable snacks/breakfast pots.