Sometimes food just looks fun doesn’t it?! I mean how sweet are these little chaps!
Smile inducing indeed. But also not actually sweet because they are sugar free, rich in fibre, packed with protein & generally nutritiously delightful as well as delicious.
Oh & should you not have a donut machine never fear, this recipe can very easily be used to make pancakes instead as I describe in the instructions below.
- 1 medium ripe banana or ½ cup sweet potato purée
- 1 sachet Motion Nutrition peanut butter protein (use phoebe10 for 10% off all their products)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- To decorate – 1-2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- Turn your donut machine on to preheat I use this VonShef product*.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender & purée until smooth.
- Spoon in 1 tablespoon of batter per donut, close the lid & cook for 4-5 minutes until golden & crisp. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Serve straight away topped with an artful smear of peanut butter, or pop in the fridge unglazed & use within 5 days/freeze for 3 months.
*If you don’t have a donut machine then use this batter to make delicious pancakes – simply cook heaped tablespoons of batter on a medium heat in a dry frying pan, flip when bubbles appear & cook for a further 30-60 seconds until firm to the touch.