When we refer to baking things we usually assume some kind of sweet ensemble.
But that doesn’t have to be the case!
Nope there’s a lot to be said for a savoury bake & these little muffins make for a fabulously satisfying & sustaining snack or prep ahead breakfast. In fact I’ll have them at pretty much any meal….
- 1 cup white beans or chickpeas (I used leftover cooked fava beans from making this dip)
- 1 heaped tablespoon each ground flax & chia seeds
- 1.5 cups oat flour (either buy it or grind oats in a good processor)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 5 sundried tomatoes + a handful olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g cheese of choice (optional) but crumbled feta or a grated mature cheddar work well. Vegan versions or 1/4 cup nutritional yeast can be used too.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat your oven to 210C, grab some silicone muffin cases or line a muffin tin.
- Add the flax & chia seeds to a large bowl with 1 cup warm water, mix well for 1 minutes & then leave for sit for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop your beans, then finely chop the rest of your ingredients. Add everything to the soaked seeds, mix well, season & then fold through the cheese if using followed by the vinegar & bicarbonate of soda.
- Spoon into your cases & bake for 16-18 minutes. Avoid over baking them as they’ll end up chewy.
- Use within 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.