Apart from the fact that these lovely root vegetables make for rather a photogenic meal or snack there is the added benefit that you are adding an extra serving of those fabulous whole foods to your diet with very little effort.
They are also incredibly simple to make, will last in the fridge for a week so can be prepared in batches, & offer themselves up for savoury & sweet toppings with equal levels of excitable enjoyment.
Makes 3-4 servings
- 3 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes
- To serve – avocado, hummus, boiled eggs, yoghurt & berries, chia jam, cream cheese, feta, fish, leftover roast chicken or whatever you fancy!
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with a silicone mat.
- Slice the sweet potatoes along their length to make toast slices of 2cm in thickness. Arrange in a single layer on your tray & roast for 10 minutes. Flip & roast for a further 5-10 minutes until golden & soft.
- Serve or leave to cool & refrigerate, using within 5-6 days.