In my opinion all natural foods can be considered super, but when describing raw cacao one can go that step further & actually use the term superfood.
Find all explanatory details in this post.
With such accolades being thrown about it must then be a rather lengthy process to make your own chocolate treats right?!
Nope sorry to disappoint friends it’s rather blinking simple, plus there’s the extra benefit that you then know exactly what wonders you’re including in your delicious treats!
FOR THE CHOCOLATE
- 100g cacao butter
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup soft dates (if you’re dates are a little dry soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes before using)
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3-4 tablespoons of D8 Made date butter (NATURALNOURISH15 gets you 15% off) or you could use nut butter
- Add the cacao butter to a bowl & melt over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk in the maple syrup, cacao powder & salt then spoon half into silicone or paper cupcake liners. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile make your filling by blending the dates, water & coconut milk to a smooth caramel. Spoon into the centre of each chocolate cup before topping with the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow them to firm up. Keep in the fridge & enjoy within 8-10 days.