“Start your day with sunshine” (or on a grey day why not create it for yourself?!).
The first thing we choose to eat on any 1 day will dictate how our body then functions for the rest of our waking hours, so why not take an extra couple of minutes & make your breaking the fast meal something that delights both your eyes & your body?
Opting for colourful vegetables, good quality protein & fats sets your blood sugar off on a lovely steady plod, you’ll feel sustained, satisfied & remain as such with no energy dips or tricks mid-afternoon.
Of course should this not appeal for your morning meal they work wonderfully for a lovely lunch or dinner addition too. They can also be made in advance & had cool or at room temperature up to 3 days later.
- 3 large handfuls leafy greens (kale, spinach, rocket, parsley, spring greens) OR 2 small courgettes OR 1 bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado
- Cottage cheese or yoghurt
- Optional – fresh chilli, chilli flakes, sesame/poppy seeds, chilli sauce (I recommend the Eaten Alive fermented range)
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with a silicone mat.
- If using greens blanch these in boiling water for 1 minute (plunge in then drain). If using courgette use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons, & is using pepper simply cut down it’s length to create rings.
- Arrange your blanched greens/courgette ribbons into nests or just lay the pepper rings on the tray, crack an egg into the centre of each & bake fro 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Serve with your extras & enjoy!