Looking for a way to sneak more veggies into your kids meals? Or maybe just supercharge your favourite sandwich combination? Well never fear because I am here with just the answer to your delicious prayers!
Many people will turn to a sammie as a convenient meal & that is absolutely fine, but what we tend to forget is it’s the fillings that will pack more of a nutritional punch than the outer casing. But here the envelope is just as juicy as the correspondence inside, & my goodness they taste brilliant for it…..
Makes 4 large
- 1 heaped cup riced veg (I’ve used a mix of broccoli & cauliflower rice with a bit of mint chucked in, but you can use kale, spinach, courgette, fresh herbs or whatever else you fancy popping in the food processor)
- 3 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon of my gluten free flour blend OR spelt flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch each of salt & pepper
- Add your ingredients to a blender. Purée until smooth.
- Warm a frying pan on a medium heat, add 1/4 cup of your batter, spread into an even pancake & cook for 1-2 minutes until you can flip it. Cook on the other side for 1 minute & you’re done!
- Fill & serve or cool & regriedgerate using within 4 days.