The days are officially warming, the birds are out caterwauling the dawn chorus at 5am, & all in all we are feeling rather more jolly about life in general. Or I am at least.
And this then feeds into how we fuel ourselves because warmer temperatures & greater levels of light induced energy alter our tastes & urges for certain foods & meals. Which totally makes sense!
So the quick recipe I have for you today feeds into my dedication to starting the day off with a protein rich breakfast but with a nod to the fact that a sunny morning can lead us to feel less like a lighter breakfast.
This also makes for a wonderful snack & is something I turn to regularly if I have been racing about & find myself in need of a little boost mid-afternoon. I will just point out before you think I’ve lost my marbles that yoghurt itself is a protein source but what we are doing here is boosting the protein further, balancing out the innate fat content & then allowing ourselves to add a little fruit without destabilising the overall picture of our plates.
- 1/2 cup yoghurt of choice (I use Nush foods almond yoghurt but organic dairy yoghurt works perfectly well)
- 1 sachet Motion Nutrition protein powder (I choose the Peanut or Fresh Blueberry dairy free options, but again the whey products are fabulous) Use Phoebe10 at checkout for 10% off all their products
- A splash of milk of choice (Plenish cashew for me)
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs, &/or raw nuts/seeds
- Optional additions – 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder, cinnamon, berry powders, chlorella, spirulina or any other bits you may like
- Add the yoghurt, protein & any extra powders to a bowl, use a silicone spatula to mix until smooth, then thin to your desired consistency with the milk.
- Top with your fruit & dive in!