Two of the first things I was taught when completing my post graduate Nutritional Therapy training were the importance of addressing chronic inflammation through balancing the forms of fats within an individual’s diet (saturated:unsaturated + an optimal ratio of omega 3:6), & that the skin is the window to our internal environment.
Now these elements cannot be isolated from the myriad other influences on our health & wellbeing but they most definitely stand true as critical elements to be aware of & both were forefront in my mind when creating this simple snack bar.
It’s packed with wonderfully nutritious anti inflammatory ingredients, comes with a therapeutically relevant dose of Lionheart liquid in addition to plant based whole food omega 3 forms, & also boasts a skin, joint, hair, gut & nail boosting amount of my favourite Skinful collagen too”
- ½ cup apple purée
- 3 soft prunes
- 1 tablespoon runny tahini or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon jumbo oats
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons Skinful collagen
- 1 ½ tablespoons Lionheart omega oil
- Blend your apple with the dates to form a smooth paste. Decant this into a bowl & add the tahini/nut butter, collagen & Lionheart oil, mix well until smooth.
- Next add the rest of your ingredients & fold together until well incorporated, you should have a mix that will hold together but isn’t sloppy. If it’s a little wet add a sprinkle more oats. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Line a small tin with parchment or you can use a silicone loaf tin/cupcake moulds.
- Give your mix a final stir then decant into your chosen container & press down well. Pop into the freezer to harden for at least 60 minutes before cutting into pieces.
- Keep frozen & use within 3 months. They should be fine to eat if left on the side for 5-10 minutes to warm a little.