- Serves 2
- Prep in 5 minutes
- Cook in 25 minutes
Fluffy, flavoursome & divine on the eyes…what’s not to love about these sunshine hued beauties?!
Pancakes are fantastic, but my pancakes are even better than that!
Yep I’m blowing my own trumpet but on this occasion I think you’ll all happily toot along with me once you’ve tried them 🙂
Many ‘healthy’ pancake recipes will turn to banana as the binding agent but I’m always here to shake things up a bit & show how you can easily sneak a few extra veggies into you & your family’s diets which is why I’ve turned to the nutrient powerhouse that is sweet potato, plus its innate caramel flavour means no additional sweetening agents are needed. (YAY!)
The choice to make these grain free reflects the potential benefits of concentrating grain based carbohydrates in the evening as a means of metabolic balancing (don’t worry if that sounds like a foreign language, explanatory post coming very soon!) but yes for the time being take it from me, grain free brekkies could be the way to go!
These are also naturally free from gluten, sugar & dairy, high in fibre, protein & generally here to revolutionise your morning routine from here on out.
They store super well too so I tend to whip up a double batch & have them as grab & go options for the week, or turn to them for a scrummy, whole food snack option.
- Grain, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free
- High Fibre & Protein
- Family Friendly
- Prep Ahead - Use Within 5 Days
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 organic eggs
- 4 tablespoons tapioca flour (AKA cassava flour)
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder + 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 scoop Planet Paleo marine collagen (optional)
- To decorate: frozen blueberries, chopped pistachios , coconut kefir/yoghurt (or your choice of accompaniment) & a little raw honey
- Steam the sweet potato & then blend with the rest of the batter ingredients.
- Heat a pan on a heat medium, add 2 tablespoon amounts of your batter then stud with blueberries & the pistachio pieces. Cook until bubbles appear then flip & cook until firm when gently pressed.
- Repeat until the batter is finished then plate & dive in!