- Prep in 8 minutes
- Cook in 25 minutes
If I was to class myself as anything (not that I really buy into labels that much) I think I’d have to go for ‘consciously creative’ when it comes to my cooking style.
When developing a new recipe I look to ingredients that will nourish the body, carefully considering how I piece them together for their health benefits but NEVER at the expense of the final taste because what’s the point!
And these brownies are a perfect example of how, if we step (or leap!) outside the box we can absolutely delight in all things decadent & delicious but with no concern that we are dabbling in things that perhaps aren’t so brilliant from a nutritional perspective.
So without further ado I challenge you to look at this divinely fudge morsel & guess what the primary ingredient is….if you get it I will personally make you a batch & deliver it to your door!
- Makes 12-15 squares
- High Protein, Low Sugar
- Freezer Friendly
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup light tahini (or nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons nut milk of choice
1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
1/4 cup walnuts or hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 175C, line a brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Add all the ingredients bar the chocolate & nuts to a food processor, blending until smooth.
- Give the nuts & chocolate a bash on the counter or with a rolling pin to roughly break up then add & pulse 1-2 times to incorporate.
- Transfer to your tin, spread to ~2-3cm thickness & bake for 22-25 mins until firm-ish to the touch.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then lift out & pop on a wire rack for another 20-30 minutes or so.
- Use within 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.