- Serves 4
- Prep in 2 minutes (+ overnight chilling + 4 hours freezing)
I don’t have an exceptionally sweet tooth, I never have, but also the lack of overly sugary foods in my diet has meant my urge for sweets is more than satisfied by things like beautifully ripe fruit, maybe a dried date or fig on occasion, or I even find sweetness in wonderfully creamy coconut, cinnamon & other natural delights.
And that’s something pretty cool to note actually, if allowed to our tastes will adapt relatively speedily so if you find you have a real sweet tooth try making some simple swaps over a week or so then go back to your real sugar fixes & see how you find them.
When it comes to a dessert however I do love a little chocolatey themed something every now & again, & I do appreciate the level of skill in patisserie, I just personally wouldn’t want to eat it.
These little ice creamy treats however I definitely DO want to eat!
They take mere moments to prepare & rely on the innate sweetness of their natural ingredients rather than additional sugars.
A bit of an all round winner if I do say so myself….
- Dairy & Sugar Free
- Prep Ahead
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Family Friendly
- 1/2 cup coconut cream off the top of a can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- To serve: frozen or fresh berries, chopped nuts & a little melted chocolate if you’re feeling artistic.
- The night before you want to make these place a can of organic full fat coconut milk in the fridge. Then the next day open it without shaking & scoop off the cream. Keep the water for smoothies, ice lollies or just drink!
Add to a blender with the peeled bananas & cacao, purée until smooth.
- Pour into silicone cupcake moulds & freeze for 4 hours.
- Serve topped with the melted chocolate, berries & a generous sprinkle of nuts.
- Told you that was easy……!