The ultimate example of having your cake and eating it too.
These gorgeously chocolatey fondant style cakes will satisfy even the most die hard chocoholics sweet tooth whilst remaining a healthful addition to their diet. To find our more on why I’m ‘Redefining Desserts’ see this post.
- 30g dark chocolate (70% or above)
- 100ml coconut, oat or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds or coconut flour for nut free
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 30g (1 scoop) Motion Nutrition Raw Cacao Whey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 170°C. Lightly grease 4 silicone muffin cups with coconut oil then sprinkle a few ground almonds in the bottom, tipping them around so they stick to the oil forming a little skin.
- Add your chosen milk and dark chocolate to a small pan. Warm slowly on a medium – low heat swirling or stirring every now and again to encourage it to blend with the milk.
- Meanwhile measure the ground almonds/coconut flour, cacao powder, cacao whey, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Remove your pan from the heat, add the maple and coconut oil. Mix then pour into the dry ingredients, stir then crack in the egg and mix that in too until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide your mix between your muffin cups and back for 8 minutes, the top should be semi-set but still be a tad liquidy in the middle when you take them out.
- Whilst in the oven prepare plates with generous spoonfuls of your chosen yoghurt and a few fresh berries, then whip those cakes out the oven, tip them out and grab a spoon!