I absolutely love anything that resembles a pancake but I have always been more of a savoury stack supporter as opposed to a lemon & sugar kinda gal, offer me a galette & there will be mushrooms inside rather than chocolate every time!
These little beauties occurred after I was asked to create a recipe using a new sweet potato rice product & rather than go down the road of a risotto variation I thought this would be a fun breakfast/brunch idea. The flavour is sensational & as I mention in the title I have also managed to create that wonderfully characteristic fritter texture but sans deep or even shallow frying.
You’ll just have to read on to find out exactly how…..
- 1 pack Full Green sweet potato rice or 200g grated sweet potato
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 large handful parsley
- 3-4 each sundried tomatoes & queen green olives
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt, plenty of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds & Nush foods cashew yoghurt (or your choice) to top
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, olives & parsley, add most to a bowl with the sweet potato rice (keep some olives & parsley for serving). Mix well & season.
- Crack in the egg, mix again, then add the tapioca flour & bicarbonate of soda, fold in well.
- Heat a good quality pan (I use The Original Green Pan ) on medium high until you can feel the heat rising off it if you place your hand a couple of centimetres from its base.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoon sized portions of batter then turn the heat down to low. Leave to cook gently for 2 minutes until you can easily flip them (it’s that immediate hitting the heat that creates the crust so you don’t need oil).
- Repeat with the rest of the mix then serve with abundant spoons of the yoghurt & your textural toppings .
- Dive on in!