Is there anything more sumptuous than a truly divine panna cotta?
Well how about one bursting with peanut buttery delight?
I’m hoping your tastebuds are now piqued because that’s the recipe I have for you right here! As part of my series on ‘Redefining Desserts‘ I bring you these perfectly pretty, protein packed, peanut panna cotta in a show of how simple tweaks to the way we eat mean nothing is off the cards when living a health conscious lifestyle.
I have been thoroughly enjoying these as a mid-afternoon snack in this warm weather (sans chocolate because that would go everywhere!) but they also make for the most divine end to a delicious meal.
And when it comes to that artistic chocolate drizzle the less perfect the better, all natural at all times my friends :p
- ½ tbsp grass fed beef gelatin
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- ½ tbsp raw maple syrup or raw honey (you can increase this to 1 tbsp if you want but I think this is perfect)
- 1 scoop Motion Nutrition Roasted Peanut protein
Optional to serve: 50g dark bitter chocolate (I used 90%)
- Add the milk and gelatin to a pan stirring well to dissolve completely.
- Add your sweetener and heat on a medium flame until just about to boil, stirring continuously. Add the protein powder and whisk well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into silicone muffin cups (you could use greased ramekins if you want but I find these the easiest to turn them out from) and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- To serve melt your chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water, artistically decorate your plates with a couple of teaspoons worth, then turn out the panna cotta and add a generous spoon of chocolate to the top of each allowing it to gently pool down the side.
- Dive on in!