- Serves 4
- Prep in 10 minutes
- Cook in 20 minutes
But incidentally mucking around in the kitchen is exactly how these beauties came into being!
I think they are downright delightful simply warm & dipped into hummus, however should you dally in my Super Green Falafel to fill them with….well they do compliment each other rather well!
- High Fibre
- Prep Ahead - Last 5 Days & Freeze!
- Crowd Pleasing Family Favourite
- Great For The Gut!
120g buckwheat flour/groats ground in a food processor.
- 30g ground almonds (or 15g each chickpea & brown rice flours for nut free)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, ground
- 25g psyllium husk powder (find this online or in any health food store)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 225ml water
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Add everything to a bowl, beating well for ~5 minutes. Leave to sit for a further 5 minutes, it should be sticky but you should be able to form balls, too dry add a splash more water, too wet a sprinkle more psyllium.
- Divide into 4, add to your tray & lay over a small piece of parchment so you can press them out into breads.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, they should puff up & go crisp at the edges but still be soft in the middle.
- Eat right away or cool & use within 5 days. They freeze fantastically too.