- Prep in 10 minutes (+ 2-4 hours pickling)
- Cook in 10 minutes
I do love a pickled cucumber but the shop bought versions tend to contain extra sugars that I just don’t really want in my life!
These super fast babies can be made with regular salad cucumbers or short pickling cucumbers, these will take a little longer for the flavours to permeate the skin though.
- Quick & Simple
- Prep Ahead - Lasts Up To 3 Weeks
- Great For Gut Health
- Sugar Free
8 cups water
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
100g Himalayan salt
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 cloves garlic
- Place the water, salt and vinegar in a pan, bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile sterilise your jar(s) with boiling water (or pop them through the dishwasher) then chop your cucumber into lengths that will fit in snugly. Slice the garlic cloves into thirds and drop into the bottom with the bay leaves.
- Add your cucumber pieces then pour over your brine, filling them all the way to the top.
- Seal and leave to pickle for 2-4 days in the fridge, give them a go and see if they’re to your liking or seal back up and leave for another day or two. They’ll keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.