This recipe links to the post ‘So What’s the Big Deal about Breakfast?’
- 1/4 cup cooked red rice (any leftover grain will work well here)
- 1 hardboiled organic egg
- 1 tin mackerel fillets in spring water or kiln smoked mackerel fillets
- 1/2 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 organic vine tomatoes, chopped into eighths
- large handful organic spinach
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- coconut oil
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion and celery. Sweat gently until translucent then add the curry powder and rice, stir well to coat everything then add the chopped tomatoes. Cover and leave to cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir again then add the spinach, pop the lid back on for a minute to allow it to wilt then add the parsley and mackerel pieces.
- Stir everything together and serve topped with quarters of hardboiled egg.