- Serves 1
- Prep in 10 minutes (+ 15 minutes sitting time)
Chia seeds are a fantastically versatile ingredient but you will usually find them confined to sweeter creations.
Not to be constrained by other people’s lack of creativity (tee hee, I jest of course!) I wanted to experiment with these omega 3 and plant based protein rich beauties and see if I could come up with a suitable savoury incarnation, and drumroll please, this was the final result!
Beautifully flavourful, hugely supportive of the digestive system (both due to the soluble fibre of the seeds and the probiotic element of the fresh miso) and thrown together in mere minutes, I have been eating this everyday for lunch for the last week!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and of course you can vary the herbs and vegetables to your own tastes.
- High Fibre, High Protein
- Super Simple
- Prep Ahead - Use Within 5 Days
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon organic fresh miso paste (I use Clearspring)
3 1/2 tablespoons raw chia seeds (I use RAW Health)
1 small carrot
- To Serve: avocado, sauerkraut, nutritional yeast, ANYTHING YOU WANT
- Mix the miso & water until combined then add the chia stir & leave to sit for 15 mins.
- Use a peeler to make ribbons from your carrot and courgette, then roughly chop the parsley.
- Take a jar and layer your ribbons, thickened chia and parsley, then refrigerate and use within 4-5 days.
- I take mine like this and then decant it into a bowl to serve with my additions but you could easily add these into the jar too.