- Prep in 15 minutes (+ 1 hour freezing)
There are some things in life that need explanation.
And there are some things in life that don’t.
I have never quite worked out how to follow through on promising not to explain things when it comes to food & nutrition but let’s put that down to passion & say I’ll keep this one short & (most definitely) sweet.
When looking at foods to satisfy a sweet urge my pointers are always go for the natural, & balance their innate sugars with protein & fats to avoid overly spiking blood sugar levels as this in the long term has a negative impact on many parts of our bodies.
In this simple recipe the combination of fibre rich dates, high cacao content raw chocolate, & the healthful fats & protein within the nut/seed butter filling ticks all those boxes, PLUS the simple act of freeing them transforms these into the natural equivalent of a toffee penny.
And that is all I have to say about that.
- Use the point of a sharp knife to cut the dates open down their length so you can flick out the stones, open them up like a book.
- Use a knife or spoon to fill with tahini then fold them back up again, freeze for at least 30 mins.
- Place a plate into the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, grab your frozen dates & chilled plate covering it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Dip the dates & lift out with a fork, place on the plate & repeat until all are done, if you have excess chocolate either go in for 2nd dip or eat it!
- Place into the freezer to fully harden for another 30 mins. Enjoy from frozen or allow to thaw slightly.