Ever looked at a recipe & thought “YES PLEASE” then looked at the ingredients & realised you’re missing a few crucial (AKA all) elements?
Well these babies throw that to the wind & offer up an entirely adaptable, totally delicious & obviously nutritious new way of baking.
I’d probably read more if I were you….
- 1 apple
- 1 clementine
- 2 organic eggs (or flax eggs for vegan – mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water & leave to sit for 5 minutes )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup ground almonds – or use ground oats, coconut, buckwheat, brown rice or chickpea flour.
- 3/4 cup jumbo oats + 1/2 cup coconut chips – simply keep to the total of 1 1/4 cups, you can use more or less of either, omit the oats for grain free or use something entirely different of a similar size like flakes almonds.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds + 1/4 cup chopped almonds – again just total 1/2c, use poppy, hemp or whole flaxseed for the sesame, & any other nut or pumpkin seeds for the almonds.
- 2 scoops Planet Paleo marine collagen, use if you use, don’t if you don’t.
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon – or ginger or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Preheat your oven to 190C, arrange silicone moulds on a tray or line a tin with paper liners.
- Add the apple & clementine to a blender, purée then blend in the eggs.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to a large bowl, pour in the wet ingredients & fold together. Fill your moulds.
- Bake for 12-14 mins until risen, golden & #delicious .
- I’ve served these with frozen berries , simply thawed on a medium heat in a pan & an extra sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Use within 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.