- Serves 2
- Prep in 5 minutes (or seconds!)
There is nothing more delightful in life than the lyrical tune of a fresh pesto on your tongue.
Just me? Even if it is I don’t mind & I’m still going to share this ridiculously speedy recipe….because I can!
Now shop bought pesto is absolutely fine, my only hesitancy being that they often contain huge amounts of salt & low quality oils, plus the non-dairy version can contain even weirder bits which I would prefer not to have.
But that’s by the by & on reading the below I hope I may encourage some of you to get blending & whipping up your own too!
- Super Speedy
- Simple & Delicious
- 25g parsley
- 25g cavalo nero or kale
- 1 ½ tablespoons walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly crushed
- 1 tablespoon Creative Nature hemp seeds (use phoebel10 for 10% off)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (sub grated Parmesan or Pecorino if you wish)
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Add the parsley & greens to a food processor, pulse to chop then add the walnuts, hemp seeds, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast & lemon juice. Blend to combine.
- Scrape down any stragglers, then replace the lid and slowly drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running. Add the water to thin to your desired consistency, you may not need any/all of it.
- Decant into a jar with a tight fitting lid and use within a week.