- Serves 6
- Prep in 10 minutes
- Cook in 20 minutes
No wonder people think they can’t cook these days…..
Well I’m here today (& everyday) waving my little flag for honest, simple staples. The kind of meal my wonderful grandmothers would have whipped up & served (much to our delight) from the bits they had in their fridges.
No mess, no fuss, just honest, nourishing goodness.
OK well there may have been a little mess but that sounds less poetic doesn’t it.
- Family Friendly
- Freezer Friendly
- Super Easy & Minimal Ingredients
- Great For Using Up Leftovers
2 cups cooled mashed potato or 2 baking potatoes, boiled, cooled & grated
1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup Forman & Field salmon jerky crumbled into pieces, or leftover baked salmon/another fish, tinned fish, cooked chicken or cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Black pepper
To Serve – avocado , lemon, & steamed greens to serve.
Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Add the potato to a large bowl, use your hands to work through the parsley & pepper then fold through the salmon (or other protein) pieces.
Crack in the egg, mix well & roll into 6 patties. Arrange these on a lined tray & bake for 20 minutes until golden
- Serve immediately or cool & refrigerate using within a week.
- They freeze perfectly well too & will last frozen for up to 3 months. Pop straight into a 190C oven to warm through for 10-15 minutes.