- Prep in 10 minutes (+ 30 minutes cooling + 2 hours freezing)
- Cook in 25 minutes
I have a weird obsession with frozen things.
Like to the point people may be concerned that I am causing myself frostbite of the oral area (I’m not FYI).
Yes my dental durability is such that I can delight in frozen berries, frozen peas, frozen brownies….pretty much any I desire BUT I entirely understand that this is not something others would necessarily want to join me in.
These dreamy semi-fredo style coconut yoghurt stuffed breakfast sandwiches however…..oh yes chaps you’ll want in, oh yes indeed. The outer casing is simple, a lightly chewy twist on a nutty granola basically (& feel free to munch on it as such – I definitely do!) which I’ve then simply filled with naturally sweet coconut goodness (use any yoghurt you wish though).
And that’s pretty much it…..I’ll race you to the freezer!
- Family Friendly
- High Fibre
- Prep Ahead - Use Within 2 Months
- Sugar Free
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- Coconut yogurt to fill
- Preheat your oven to 175C, line a tray with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the coconut oil to a small pan & melt.
- Once liquid, mash with the banana & stir through the tahini until smooth, pour into the dry ingredients & fold together.
- Spread on your tray & bake for 22-25 mins keeping an eye on it towards the end. Leave to cool for 30 mins.
- Break into large pieces & lay 1/2 in the base of a lined dish, it doesn’t need to be a perfect fit. Spoon over the yoghurt & gently smooth, then cover with the remaining pieces.
- Freeze for 2 hours then cut into portions. Use within 2 months.