- Serves 8
- Prep in 10 minutes
- Cook in 20 minutes
But there are levels & options to play with when it comes to adding sweet things into our diets & it would seem useless of me to simply suggest we must all eschew the concept of a sweet treat from our lives forever more.
So instead I’ve carefully considered the quantities & other ingredients within this recipe to balance the addition of a syrup to create that characteristic crunch.
And to say this is crunchy is to underestimate the level of clusteration (which is now a word) that this combination does in fact create.
Read on more for the big reveal friends, it’s worth the clickable effort.
- High Fibre
- Family Friendly
- Plant Powered
- Prep Ahead - Lasts 10 days
- 2 cups jumbo gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup each pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, chopped/flaked almonds & walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup each sesame seeds & whole flaxseed
- 1/4 cup light runny tahini
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or organic ghee
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, good quality honey)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 190C, line a large flat tray with a silicone mat.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl & toss together. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl then add to the dry & mix well until fully combined.
- Spread onto your tray in a single even layer, bake for 10 minutes then mix to fully break up & re-spread in a layer once more. Bake for a final 10 minutes then leave to fully cool & firm up on the tray.
- Break into clusters & store in a jar for use within 10 days.