- Serves 2
- Prep in 5 minutes
- Cook in 15 minutes
One of the biggest issues we face in our modern world is food waste, & one of my most favourite things to do is to turn something that could’ve been trash into treasure.
Enter stage right these brunch beauties made from the humble cauliflower leaf.
If you’ve never just roasted a cauliflower leaf then firstly you must do that, & then you must make these.
- Leaves from 1 large cauliflower
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or a grated cheese if not dairy free
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh oregano
- Shred the cauliflower leaves, add to a dry pan & sauté gently on a medium heat to remove some of their moisture for 6-7 mins. Add to a bowl.
- Toss with all your dry ingredients then whisk in the eggs.
- Cook in 2 batches on your waffle iron, I use this one by VonShef & they took ~7 minutes.
- Serve with whatever you fancy, avocado, cream cheese, fresh sliced tomatoes, anything & everything goes.