- Serves 2
- Prep in 10 minutes (+ overnight soaking)
- Cook in 40 minutes (for Beetroot & Apple Puree)
These Carrot Bircher Muesli Pots with beetroot & apple puree will not only optimise blood sugar balance but increase dietary diversity!
- High Fibre
- Sugar Free
- Prep Ahead - Lasts 3 Days
- Family Friendly
For the Beetroot & Apple Puree (6-8 portions)
3 large beetroots
2 medium tart eating apples
3-4 pieces of orange zest (no white pith)
For the Bircher
4 tablespoons rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 large grated carrot
1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ cup yoghurt of choice
To Serve – walnuts, pumpkin seeds or whatever textural topping you enjoy! Our pick would the the Boundless activated nut & seed mixes
Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Scrub & remove any tough ends from the beetroot (don’t worry about peeling) & chop into chunks. Core the apples, chop these too, & add both to a baking dish with 1 cup water & the curls of orange zest. Roast for 40 minutes. Remove the orange & blend until smooth, you can use it straight away or pop into the fridge for use within 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To make the bircher add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well (mash it together a bit!) & leave to soak overnight. Layer up with your purée or just have both together in a bowl topped with nuts & seeds. Once layered they’ll also keep happily for 3 days in the fridge so you can prep them for a few days at a time.