- Serves 3
- Prep in 5 minutes
- Cook in 20 minutes
It’s flavour can be strong, it’s texture can be….not made the most of, & if over consumed it can lead to gale force warnings if someone’s digestion isn’t ready for the onslaught.
Putting all those preconceptions to one side however, today I want to re-introduce you to this incredibly valuable medicinal food, in a format that will 100% bring you back to the side of the fans.
Noted as being a powerful anti-carcinogen, bursting with antioxidants & anti-inflammatory compounds, including more cabbage (of all varieties) into your diet will only be of benefit. And if you are someone who struggles with digestive discomfort then turning to cabbage juice could actually be the answer to your ills. Please do be in touch if you would like more information on this intriguing application!
- High Fibre
- Great For Hormones & Liver Health
- Lasts for 4 Days
- Super Simple
1 small red cabbage
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons roughly chopped hazelnuts
2 tablespoons pesto
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a flat tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Cut your cabbage in half, then into thick wedges through the root. Rub with avocado oil, season with salt & pepper then roast for 10 minutes on each side.
- Slice the apple, remove the core & lay the pieces in a single layer in a hot, dry sauté pan. Leave to caramelise. Carefully flip & leave to go golden on the other side.
- Add everything to a plate & serve topped with pesto & the chopped nuts.